Tuesday, May 17, 2011

fragment #22


When I woke up this morning I noticed two things. One, that I has shit myself again, and two there was a man standing at the foot of the bed. The man was smallish and presented himself as Thadeus Jame Proufrock, Paranormal Extinguisher. Mr. Proufrock told me he would help me with my ghost problem. I explained to him that it didn't matter anyway because the ghost had stolen my soul. Mr. Proufrock just laughed at this. He said to me:

"My dear boy, there's no such thing as a soul. Those beasts have been forcing you to snort Ambien on a semi-hourly basis. You are higher than a Count on Christmas. Now time to get cleaned up we have much work to do."

At that point he sprayed me with a seltzer bottle and ripped away my soiled sheets. I think this guy means business because he talks so funny. Also he smells like menthol and old people. I guess that's cause he's old.

Anyway I'm glad to have my soul back.


No comments:

Post a Comment